This fall 2013, GE Lighting released a groundbreaking LED light bulb as part of the GE reveal brand, engineered to have the same familiar size and shape of an incandescent bulb but deliver big energy and cost savings. By January 2014, traditional incandescent light bulbs will no longer be manufactured in the United States due to their energy inefficiency and changing energy regulations. The new GE reveal LED is a great alternative to incandescent bulbs, in addition to various other energy-efficient light bulbs that GE already currently offers.
The new reveal LED bulbs provide the same benefits of all GE reveal light bulbs including:
- • filtering out dull yellow rays of most bulbs, enhancing the colors and patterns within your home
- • providing crisp white light that brings out colors, making whites appear whiter, reds redder, and allows patterns throughout your home to pop
- • filling rooms with enhanced, vivid surrounding light
The new GE reveal LED light bulbs also are the best energy-efficient light bulbs available, lasting more than a decade based on three hours of use each day. They are offered in 40- and 60-watt replacements, as well as a popular BR-30 shape for recessed fixture down-lighting.
To celebrate the release of the GE reveal LED bulb, GE Lighting has produced a fun new video engaging tastemakers who depend on the best lighting possible for their craft. We asked each of our experts to complete a GE reveal quick and easy makeover on camera and share their experiences. They discuss the importance of lighting and show how anyone can create a quick and easy makeover for their home or workspace.
- The video features the expert opinions of:
- • Andrea Spratt of Kucoon Designs – A trendsetting fashion designer and owner of the popular clothing company, Kucoon Designs based in Los Angeles
- • Solomon Monsoor of Straight Designs – An award-winning interior and lighting designer for major hospitality properties and owner of Straight Designs in Los Angeles
- • Pace Webb of Taste of Pace Catering – Executive Chef and owner of Taste of Pace Catering, one of the most sought-after chefs on the Los Angeles food scene
- • Stephanie Navarro – Up and coming make-up artist and hairstylist for films, television and commercials in Los Angeles
By replacing your home’s existing lighting with GE reveal bulbs, you can transform a room from ordinary to extraordinary. For example, with reveal, the colors in your living room will appear cleaner and pop. In your bathroom, your skin tones will look less yellow.